Tuesday, February 12, 2013

            Satellite Housing for me has been one of the best aspects of my time at Messiah.  Last year I lived in the “Wellness House”, also known as the Simpson House.  Satellite house living has created a healthy environment that truly has given me a real home away from home.  I think that learning what it takes for the upkeep of a home has been extremely beneficial, as it has definitely prepared me for being on my own next year!  I have a unique experience with these past two years, as the girls I have lived with have not been close friends.  This year in the Hospitality House, I have especially enjoyed getting to know and live with three girls that came together for a similar purpose: to live honestly and openly.  I have gotten to know and appreciate the many (and wonderful) differences in us all, and have loved discovering how all of these diversities can work together.  All of our house members have also reached out to the surrounding neighbors, more specifically our next-door neighbors Sherry and Ken.  Little gestures of hospitality go a long way, and it has been a joy to develop relationships with those living around us.  It has been so wonderful to be a part of the Satellite Housing community for the past two years, and I would encourage any student to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity!
                                                                                        -Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment